This calculator allows you to compute and tune loadline and operating point of tube amplifiers’ power stages.
- choose among most common power vacuum tubes (I am slowly adding more),
- set the operation modality, among ultralinear, pentode, and triode mode,
- set Single-Ended or Push-Pull configuration
- set the Power Supply V+ voltage, the screen voltage, the screen tap, the quiescent bias current.
- plots the anode characteristic graph, for the chosen operation modality,
- plots the loadline,
- highlights the operating point,
- estimates the grid bias voltage,
- estimates the expected output power at max displayed Grid Voltage, when max Grid Voltage is 0, when operating in Class A or A2, and at the selected output voltage headroom.
- estimates the needed cathode resistor, if you want to use self-bias
Did you buy my book? Why don’t you leave a review on amazon?
|Select a Tube:|
|V+ (V):||Grid Bias Voltage (V):|
|Quiescent Operating point:||
|Output Power (W):|
|Screen Voltage (V):||Cathode resistor (Ohm):|
|UltraLinear tap (%):|
|Out. headroom (+/-V):|
If you are not familiar with loadlines, their purpose, and their use, I suggest you checking my guide: Section 3.2 (for resistive loadlines), Section 4.1.3 (for reactive loadlines), and Section 4.2.2 (for AC loadlines).
The underlying model and equations, for tracing tube characteristics curves, are those discussed by Norman Koren, in his web site.