This calculator allows you to compute and tune loadline and operating point of tube amplifiers’ power stages.
|Select a Tube:|
|B+ (V):||Grid Bias Voltage (V):|
|Quiescent Operating point:||
|Max Output Power (W):|
|Screen Voltage (V):||Cathode resistor (Ohm):|
|UltraLinear tap (%):|
- choose among most common power vacuum tubes (I am slowly adding more),
- set the operation modality, among ultralinear, pentode, and triode mode,
- set Single-Ended or Push-Pull configuration
- set the B+ voltage, the screen voltage, the screen tap, the quiescent bias current.
- plots the anode characteristic graph, for the chosen operation modality,
- plots the loadline,
- highlights the operating point,
- estimates the grid bias voltage,
- estimates the maximum expected output power,
- estimates the needed cathode resistor, if you want to use self-bias
The underlying model and equations, for tracing tube characteristics curves, are those discussed by Norman Koren, in his web site.