This calculator allows you to compute and tune loadline and operating point of tube amplifiers’ power stages.
You can :
- choose among most common power vacuum tubes,
- set the operation modality, among ultralinear, pentode, and triode mode,
- set the B+ voltage, the screen voltage, the screen tap, the quiescent bias current.
The calculator :
- plots the anode characteristic graph, for the chosen operation modality,
- plots the loadline,
- highlights the operating point,
- estimates the grid bias voltage,
- estimates the maximum expected output power.
The underlying model and equations, for tracing tube characteristics curves, are those discussed by Norman Koren, in his web site.
|To start, just select a Pentode:|
|Chose Operating mode:||PP or SE configuration:|
|Set B+ (V):||Computed Grid Bias Voltage (V):|
|Set Bias Current (A):||Computed Max Output Power (W):|
|Set Reactive Load (Ohm):|
|Set Screen Voltage (V):|
|Set UltraLinear tap (%):|